AITEO Cup: Kano Pillars Beat Enyimba to Book S’final Ticket

first_imgEnyimba FC failed to shake off the hang over of the CAF Confederation Cup quarter-final first leg defeat against Raja Casablanca of Morocco yesterday in Gombe as the People’s Elephant got knocked out of the AITEO Federation Cup.Kano Pillars qualified for the semi final with a 4-2 defeat of the Aba team.Despite leading the Sai Masu Gida with a Stephen Chukwudi’s opening goals in the 10th minute, old war-horse, Rabiu Ali, grabbed the equaliser nine minutes before the break. Home-based Eagles defender, Chris Madaki however shot Pillars into the lead in the 52nd minute while Ifeanyi Nweke increased tally on the hour mark. Nyima Nwagua scored Pillars’ fourth of the game few minutes later.Sunday Adetunji made the scoreline more respectable for Enyimba when he reduced the deficit from the penalty spot late on.Kano Pillars will face Katsina United in the semi-final at the Agege Stadium ‘Soccer Temple’, Lagos on Wednesday.Katsina United edged out Kwara United 3-1 in the quarter-finals at the Agege Stadium last Wednesday.Former champions, Enugu Rangers and Nasarawa United will clash in the other semi-final at the Sani Abacha Stadium, Kano.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Joshua Questions Fury’s Fights’ Quality

first_imgAnthony Joshua has said that Tyson Fury “hasn’t been in the deep end long enough” to be considered “intimidating”.Joshua criticised the amount of difficult fights that his fellow world heavyweight champion has battled through.He said at a Sky VIP event: “What have you seen from Fury? A couple of feints? Moving around? What have you seen that makes him seem so intimidating? Speed? “If the sport is lacking so much talent then all you need is feints and movement to be classed as a great of this generation…..“With hard work, motivation and studying you can overcome that.“So what do people see in Fury that is so fearsome, intimidating, that he can’t be touched at the top level?“I take him as a serious challenger, of course. But resume? It’s taken him a long time to grow.“His fight with Wladimir Klitschko was his first real challenge and he overcame it, but it took him eight years to build his experience and confidence.“Then he had two years out and fought Deontay Wilder.“He hasn’t been in the deep end for long enough to show me that he can swim there for a long time. You have to continually prove that you belong there. You don’t just come there once or twice.“For me as a fighter, that’s how you gain my respect.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Golden Race to showcase new platform at ICE

first_img Submit Share Virtual betting provider Golden Race will be showcasing its entirely new online platform and mobile optimised experience at ICE 2017.Martin Wachter, Golden RaceAttendees will also be able to see its products including Real Fighting (we all remember the MMA cage from last year) and 3D Virtual Football. It was for these and more that Golden Race took home the title of ‘Best New Virtual Sports Product’ at our awards in December of last year.Since then Golden Race’s 3D Virtual Football product has been updated and features improved visuals, new intro and penalty sequences, new camera angles and more. It includes a number of the world’s major leagues with odds compiled by bookmakers, and commentary in a number of languages to boot.No repeated pre-rendered video clips are used which makes Golden Race stand out in the industry, and moreover whole new leagues update in seconds.Those that wish to check out Golden Race’s products, and try Real Fighting and more for themselves, should stop by ICE Stand S2-322. PBS launches virtual sports solution for SSBTs July 7, 2020 Related Articles StumbleUpon Share The industry wakes up to virtual sports potential June 26, 2020 Golden Race’s virtual sports products get Swedish certification June 18, 2020last_img read more

BHA chairman to focus on Levy extension push

first_img Related Articles John Williamson to oversee UK Tote Group’s international growth August 28, 2020 StumbleUpon Unibet backs #GoRacingGreen as lead racing charity  July 28, 2020 Share UK Racing pushes for drastic levy reforms as deep recession looms August 25, 2020 Submit Share The British Horseracing Authority (BHA) has revealed that its Chairman Steve Harman is to step down from the role at the end of the year to focus on extending the Horserace Betting Levy to cover all overseas racing.Harman will be adopting the new ‘industry-wide’ role to engage with government, which will see him work exclusively on Levy development with Westminster and mitigating the risks to the industry around the changes planned on FOBTs stakes.The slashing of the maximum stake on FOBTs from £100 to £2 has real implications for racing given that the bookmaking industry believes that almost half of the country’s betting shops will become unviable and close, causing huge dents in the amounts going to racing from Levy payments and media rights payments. Racing estimates that its income could drop by £40-60m per year.The BHA said that a formal process to recruit a new Chair of the Board will start shortly.Harman commented: “This is the single biggest issue facing our industry and I welcome the opportunity to galvanise support to get the best possible deal for horseracing. This could mean a further reform of the levy to capture overseas betting and other changes we could seek to ensure that the funding of racing is secured for the future.”The BHA’s shareholders, the ROA, TBA, RCA and Licensed Personnel said: “The potential impact of reducing revenue to racing because of the FOBT announcement is a major issue for the industry. It is vital that we work together across the sport and with government to make the appropriate changes to ensure the future funding of the sport.”What will be of concern to the beleaguered betting industry is that the BHA’s attempts to recoup this lost monies will once again be from its coffers, regardless of the health of the sector following the removal of one of its main revenue generators.As a result, The BHA Board has now set aside the Article 51 complaint against Harman, who has apologised for inaccuracies in his initial explanations to the Board relating to an article in the Times newspaper. Harman had been criticised for meeting with Alex Frost, chief executive of the Alizeti consortium that has since invested in the Tote, at a time when the BHA was remaining neutral in the future of the racing pool betting.The Board confirmed that an independent review carried out concluded that there had been no conflict of interest.A BHA spokesman said: “We are pleased this matter has now been closed and we can focus on the BHA’s core responsibilities of the regulation and governance of British Racing.”last_img read more

Kindred confirms departure of Ebba Ljungerud as Group Commercial lead

first_img Kindred marks fastest route to ‘normal trading’ as it delivers H1 growth July 24, 2020 Share Related Articles Share Submit Mace launches EQ Connect to solve the industry’s ‘single view’ conundrum on identifying risk  August 10, 2020 StumbleUpon Unibet backs #GoRacingGreen as lead racing charity  July 28, 2020 Stockholm-listed Kindred Group Plc has confirmed that long-term executive Ebba Ljungerud has departed the firm’s senior management team.A Kindred executive since 2010, Ljungerud has served the Stockholm enterprise in a number of leadership roles including Chief Product Officer of Unibet, Managing Director of Maria Gaming and most recently as Kindred Chief Commercial Officer (2016-2018).Ljungerud has announced that she will be joining Swedish multi-media games publisher Paradox Interactive, a company she has previously consulted as a Non-Executive Director to governance.Kindred has confirmed to SBC that it is actively searching for an executive to replace Ljungerud as group commercial leader.At present, Group Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) Rhodri Darch has taken over Ljungerud’s commercial responsibilities, fulfilling the role on an interim basis.One of the longest-serving Kindred Group executives, Ljungerud has been a key stakeholder in developing the firm’s multi-market brands and commercial propositions.Key Ljungerud initiatives for Kindred include restructuring Maria Gaming and securing the firm’s long-term partnership with the Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) Premier League.last_img read more

Anthony Joshua’s senses ‘weren’t there’ after early shot from Andy Ruiz Jr., Eddie Hearn tells DAZN

first_imgAnthony Joshua may have been hurt worse than he let on during his loss to Andy Ruiz Jr. on June 1 at Madison Square Garden.Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing, told DAZN’s Chris Mannix this week that the former unified heavyweight champion told him his “senses weren’t there” after taking a punch to the side of the head early in the fight. “He doesn’t remember anything, really, from the third round,” Hearn said in an extended interview about the fight that was posted Friday on DAZN’s YouTube channel. “In fact, he’s taken a little bit of positivity that he managed to go four rounds after that.”Join DAZN and watch GGG-Rolls: Sign up in the U.S. | CanadaJoshua was knocked down four times in the fight. Referee Michael Griffin stopped the bout 1:26 into the seventh round after knockdown No. 4. Hearn told Mannix that Griffin made the correct call even though Joshua told Griffin he was fit to continue.🗨 @EddieHearn: “He (Joshua) doesn’t remember anything from the third round.” 😳Watch the EXCLUSIVE interview about all of the drama surrounding #JoshuaRuiz now on our YouTube Channel & App 🎥 pic.twitter.com/5NxkXhfadp— DAZN USA (@DAZN_USA) June 7, 2019Hearn denied reports that an injury in sparring left Joshua compromised on fight night, or that Joshua suffered a prefight panic attack. Joshua also denied the panic attack report in a separate video, but he did say he suffered a concussion.Hearn posited that Joshua might have taken the unheralded Ruiz lightly, “Maybe he took this, subconsciously, too easy,” Hearn told Mannix. “Maybe he wanted to put on a show, make this look easy, devastating knockout, got caught trying to end it in style. I know him very, very well. He ain’t sleeping very well. “This is, hopefully, going to drive him to focus on what is now one of the biggest fights in the sport.” Hearn was referring to the mandatory rematch. Hearn told Mannix that he expects to see a different, better Joshua in the ring on that night.”He will have fear this time, he will be focused this time, probably the things he wasn’t on (June 1),” Hearn said.last_img read more

Thurston County Property Taxes Due on May 1

first_imgFacebook0Tweet0Pin0Submitted by Thurston County TreasurerThe 2017 deadline for Thurston County residents to pay their first half property taxes is April 30. April 30, is a Sunday this year so Washington State law allows the payment to be made the next business day, which is Monday, May 1, without incurring any late charges.Residents can pay their property taxes through the Thurston County Treasurer’s website. There is no additional charge for the electronic check payment option on-line, but there is a 2.35% fee for a major credit card payment, and a flat $3.95 fee for a VISA debit card payment. Residents can also make payments in person at the Treasurer’s Office or the courthouse parking lot drop box – located at 2000 Lakeridge Drive SW, Building One, Olympia, 98502. The same fees apply for payments made in person.The Thurston County Treasurer’s Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.  Payments made by mail must be postmarked by the due date. As required by law penalties and interest will be charged for those who do not have their payments in on time.last_img read more

You won’t believe MS Dhoni’s brand new lockdown look!

first_imgImage Courtesy: PTIAdvertisement vd64iNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs7toowWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E5fxsn( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) muhlWould you ever consider trying this?😱z4Can your students do this? 🌚2z2daRoller skating! Powered by Firework The current nationwide lock down in India amidst the novel Coronavirus pandemic has confined sportspersons inside their homes, but it hasn’t stopped them from training or keeping in touch with their fans. Interestingly, a number of cricket fraternity icons have been seen in a complete style makeover, from Virat Kohli’s beard to Kapil Dev’s shaved head. The latest in this regard is Mahendra Singh Dhoni, and the former Team India skipper’s new hair and beard look is making fans go crazy!Advertisement Image Courtesy: PTIDhoni entered the Indian team with his famous long hairstyle, which he had cut short in 2007. However, this time, the veteran wicket keeper batsman has been seen sporting a salt n pepper look, with a full grey moustache.Image Courtesy: Instagram (@ziva_singh_dhoni)Dhoni was seen having a play time with his daughter Ziva and their pet dogs, in a video which was uploaded to the little girl’s official Instagram account, which is managed by their parents.Advertisement In the clip captioned “Playtime ! #runninglife post sunset !”, little Ziva was seen playing ball with her dad and the pet dogs, and also having a light jog across the ground. Check out the clip below, which has over 500k views till now-The 38 year old’s beard was the main talking point out from the post, which has gone viral all over social media since yesterday.Some netizens went gaga over Mahi’s new style, calling it the ‘Quarantine look’ or ‘vintage white bard’, while some lamented at the former young heavy hitting batsman, who is now taking the toll of ageing, comparing his latest style to his young days of long locks of hair.Dhoni tied the knots with Sakshi Singh Rawat in July 2010, and Ziva was born in February 2015.Dhoni’s hiatus away from the 22 yards continues with the 2020 Indian Premier League now postponed due to the COVID-19 crisis. The former Men in Blue captain has not been in action since the 2019 Cricket World Cup, and was supposed to lead the Chennai Super Kings in the thirteenth edition of the blockbuster cricket league in April.If you like reading about MMA, make sure you check out MMAIndia.com Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.comAlso read-Ian Chappell: India are well equipped to handle Australian conditions!Watch: Indian leg spinner kid spins the ball like he was Shane Warne…and the batsmen are clueless! Advertisementlast_img read more

Consultations continue for new school curriculum

first_imgInstitutions across Guyana will be introduced to a new curriculum which caters for all students, as consultations begin for the reformation of the current school syllabus.One of the consultants, Paula MackinnonThe discussions are currently ongoing with nine Canadian consultants from the Saint Francis Xavier University and the Mindbloom School, who have been collecting information from educators and schools from various regions across Guyana.Another consultation was hosted on Tuesday at the National Centre for Education Research Development NCERD, featured three consultants – Paula Mackinnon, Joanne Thompkins and Jeffery Orr – and administrators from various specials schools where the concerns that surround the education of these children were raised.Several teachers related that the standard school curriculum was used to teach children with disabilities while others informed that the current curriculum is too packed to reach the needs of every student. Additionally, it was noted that Guyana depends heavily on the assistance of outsiders, which is not as effective as an internal guide. To modify this, the curriculum will be modified to suit the needs of Guyana’s children.One of the consultants, Paula Mackinnon, gave an insight on the expertise of the consultants that were directed to enhance Guyana’s current syllabus.“We bring with us, expertise in curriculum development and curriculum reengineering and reform. And then some specific expertise in inclusive pedagogy [and] in subject areas to help explore views of how the curriculum might be enhanced in that regard,” Mackinnon informed.“This is a curriculum for Guyana. We can provide assistance for the development but it is yours and we hope that it provides every student with the opportunity to reach their full potential,” she added.Director of National Centre for Education Resource Development (NCERD), Jennifer Cumberbatch in her remarks noted, “Special education needs is a special part of our curriculum as we look at it in the very near future. We are ensuring that everyone is included. We want no one left behind and we want no one left out.”Several consultations were held over the past months with public and private institutions so as to provide equal opportunities for all students. After the information has been gathered, the team will be returning to Guyana in July to make further progress.last_img read more

Remigrant, GTT to launch online payment platform for businesses

first_imgPaperless transactions, an important countermeasure against roving bandits, just received a boost thanks to an initiative launched by a re-migrant in partnership with GTT.Ronson Gray, who founded local company IntellectStorm upon returning from overseas, introduced the payment website payment.gy at a press conference held by GTT at the Marriott Hotel on Monday.IntellectStorm founder Ronson Gray explaining his new platformGray explained that with payment.gy, persons can purchase items from businesses listed with the website, then go and pick up the item at their convenience. It also uses a merchant code, which must be scanned.“Payment.gy is the simple and safe way to pay. What we have done is we have designed a platform that will allow users to pay for any goods and service as long as they have an Internet connection. So that can be done from a mobile phone, a web browser, a laptop computer.”“You can scan the merchant code and the merchant information would populate and the payment amount. There’s a small convenience fee for the service and you are protected by password and pin. Businesses can accept business anywhere, anytime, in Guyana, whether they’re in store or online. For customers, it’s safe and secure. Transactions are protected by the pin. And it’s easy to use.”He noted that businesses can attract customers without them even coming to the store, while customers can make purchases without leaving their homes. In addition, he explained that it has been integrated with popular social application Facebook.Meanwhile, the press conference also heralded the start of a partnership between GTT and CANTO, based in San Francisco, USA. At the press conference, an award was given to second year UG Computer Science student, Jonathan Jacobus.Jacobus placed second in CANTO’s video competition themed ‘The Future of AI’. At the press conference, his video proposing bold solutions for the world and the Caribbean, using AI was played.CANTO is a non-profit association made up of operators, organisations, companies and individuals in the ICT or telecommunications sector. The association has been a major driver in initiatives to boost the ICT sector in the Caribbean.last_img read more